The Sacramento State University Library celebrates diversity, inclusion, and equity. We embody this stance through the development of our collections, services, physical spaces, hiring practices, and our ongoing support of the campus community.
Sacramento State University Library’s Commitment to Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence (Summer 2020)
Our library’s statement in response to a summer of Black lives lost and the need to state that Black Lives Matter.
The Sacramento State University Library inspires excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities.
Our Library: the center of campus intellectual discovery.
- Service that exceeds expectations
- A student-centered organization
- A culture of communication, honesty, respect, and trust
- Collaboration across boundaries for the common good
- A practice of continuous improvement
- Innovative thoughts and actions in service to the Mission
- Lifelong learning to benefit our students, faculty, staff, and community
- Intellectual freedom as a bedrock principle
- The Library will integrate and align its virtual and physical research spaces to ensure that all access points enhance student learning and success.
- The Library will lead by supporting superior campus research, scholarly, and creative activities.
- The Library will align information resource stewardship with local teaching and research needs and priorities.
- The Library will expand existing partnerships and initiate new connections in order to engage all partners in collaborative initiatives that promote student success and lifelong learning.
- The Library will design and implement a flexible, integrated, and responsive learning organization.
- The Library is committed to excellent and inclusive services for all members our community.
For questions or feedback regarding the the University Library Strategic plan please send email to the Strategic Planning and Implementation Team at lib-SPIT@csus.edu.