The University Library is implementing Sac State Scholars, a tool for celebrating the scholarly achievements of our campus and to help connect our researchers with others.
- How do you make your many competencies known or match them to Sacramento Promise Zone needs?
- Are you searching for a partner for research projects, grants, scholarship, or instruction?
- Can government agencies or entrepreneurs easily discover your academic expertise?
Sac State Scholars is a research networking tool where Sac State research, scholarship, creative activities, as well as teaching and service activities will be highlighted. Esploro, the software powering Sac State Scholars, will auto-populate faculty profiles with little intervention, so that faculty will not have additional workload to manage their profiles.
The University Library has convened a campus-wide advisory committee that will inform the Sac State Scholars implementation process. We plan to launch Sac State Scholars with a select group of faculty profiles in Spring 2021. If you have questions, please check this site regularly or email us at email@example.com.
Library team and Ex Libris met to define and discuss project requirements.
Library convened campus-wide advisory committee.
- Library team sent Sac State CMS/PeopleSoft data to Ex Libris: organizational units and faculty info.
- Library team sent electronic dissertations and theses (ETDs) data from ScholarWorks/D-Space to Ex Libris.
- Ex Libris provided library team access to the Esploro test site (IMPL) for QA.
Library team recruited faculty volunteers to develop profiles.
- Library populates and troubleshoots the database.
- Anticipated “go-live” date for Sac State Scholars.
- David Gibbs, Chair / Co-Project Manager
- Bin Zhang, Data Integration / Technology Team Lead / Co-Project Manager
- Daina Dickman, Scholarly Communication
- Lisa Roberts & Elyse Fox, Metadata Implementation & Administrator
- Mary-Kate Finnegan and Rachel Stark, Liaison Representatives, representing NSM & HHS
- Christian Ward, Primo/XML/SIS expert
- Yinfa Ma: AD NSM
- Mariappan (“Jawa”) Jawaharlal : AD E&CS
- Peggy Kay: IRT
- Bill DeGraffenreid: OFA
- Karen Booth: Communications
- Julie McGinty: ORIED
- Vajra Watson: Education
- Jeffrey Wilson: A&L