The University Library is implementing Sac State Scholars, a tool for celebrating the scholarly achievements of our campus and to help connect our researchers with others.
- How do you make your many competencies known or match them to Sacramento Promise Zone needs?
- Are you searching for a partner for research projects, grants, scholarship, or instruction?
- Can government agencies or entrepreneurs easily discover your academic expertise?
Sac State Scholars is a research networking tool where Sac State research, scholarship, creative activities, as well as teaching and service activities will be highlighted. Esploro, the software powering Sac State Scholars, will auto-populate faculty profiles with little intervention, so that faculty will not have additional workload to manage their profiles.
The University Library has convened a campus-wide advisory committee that will inform the Sac State Scholars implementation process. We plan to launch Sac State Scholars in Fall 2021. If you have questions, please check this site regularly or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library team and Ex Libris met to define and discuss project requirements.
Library convened campus-wide advisory committee.
- Library team sent Sac State CMS/PeopleSoft data to Ex Libris: organizational units and faculty info.
- Library team sent electronic dissertations and theses (ETDs) data from ScholarWorks/D-Space to Ex Libris.
- Ex Libris provided library team access to the Esploro test site (IMPL) for QA.
Library team recruited faculty volunteers to develop profiles.
- Library populates and troubleshoots the database.
- Anticipated “go-live” date for Sac State Scholars.
- David Gibbs, Chair / Co-Project Manager
- Bin Zhang, Data Integration / Technology Team Lead / Co-Project Manager
- Daina Dickman, Scholarly Communication
- Lisa Roberts & Elyse Fox, Metadata Implementation & Administrator
- Mary-Kate Finnegan and Rachel Stark, Liaison Representatives, representing NSM & HHS
- Christian Ward, Primo/XML/SIS expert
- Yinfa Ma: AD NSM
- Mariappan (“Jawa”) Jawaharlal : AD E&CS
- Peggy Kay: IRT
- Bill DeGraffenreid: OFA
- Karen Booth: Communications
- Julie McGinty: ORIED
- Vajra Watson: Education
- Jeffrey Wilson: A&L