Each year the Friends award $10,000.00 in funding to University Library faculty and staff for projects and materials that enhance our collection or deepen the library experience for our users. These grants are directly funded from the Friends’ Book Bin Sales.
The Friends of the University Library are proud to announce their 2023/2024 FOL Grant awardees:
- Ben Amata, Humanities & Social Sciences Librarian, Research & Instruction: Books and Databases for Criminal Justice, Sociology, and History
- Rachael-Joy Davis, Head, User Services: Scientific and Graphing Calculators for circulation
- Mary-Kate Finnegan, Physical Sciences Librarian: Books representing Cambodian and Cambodian American culture
- David Gibbs, Associate Dean for Collections & Discovery: New & Noteworthy Collection
- Jared Jensen, Library Services Specialist, User Services: Ergonomic Library Carts
- Emily Merrifield, Undergraduate Experience Librarian: Aperture Magazine Print Editions
- Alexa Rubianes, Library Services Specialist, User Services: Vests for US Student Assistants
- Briana Zaragoza, Education Librarian, Research & Instruction: Collection development for Spanish Curriculum and Middle Eastern Juvenile Award Books
For more information on the Friends of the University Library and how to become a Friend, please visit their website.