The University Library has announced our Library Research Fellows for 2021-2022 along with their project titles. We are deeply grateful to our sponsors for the support of the Library Research Fellowship Program: the Elios Charitable Foundation; the Tsakopoulos Hellenic Foundation; and the Tarbell Family Foundation.
- Dr. Konstantina (Nadia) Georgiou, Independent Scholar, U.K.; Project Title: "Gatekeeping Networks and Patronage: The Role of Diasporic Greek Americans in the Promotion and Dissemination of Translated Modern Greek Literature"
- Ms. Ioanna Kipourou, Doctoral Candidate, University of Graz, Austria; Project Title: “'Mr. Greek' — The Making of a San Franciscan Civic Leader: A Memoir of Peter G. Boudoures (1893-1982)"
- Mr. Panos Koromvokis, Doctoral Candidate, Panteion University; Project Title: “Behind the Counter: Representations of the Greek-American Diner in 20th-Century Greek America”
- Dr. Theodora Patrona, Teaching Fellow, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki; Project Title: "Setting the Scene: The Obscure Greek-American Cultural Production of the Early Twentieth Century"
- Mr. Thanasis Sotiriou, Doctoral Candidate, University of Crete; Project Title: "Byzantine Local Aristocrats and Turkish Conquerors in Asia Minor (1260-1330)"
- Prof. Fevronia Soumakis, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Queens College, CUNY; Project Title: “The Political and Social Activism of Katy Vlavianos and the Ladies Philoptochos Society”