The Japanese American Archival Collection Research Fellows Program (JAAC RFP) provides two (2) annual fellowships up to $3,000.00 for individuals or research teams. Researchers who live within a 100-mile radius of Sacramento are eligible for up to $500.00 for room and board if needed; other support will be considered.
The annual JAAC RFP supports the use of the Japanese American Archival Collection by research fellows for scholarly research and creative end-products relating to the Japanese American experience including, marginalization, racism, the Constitution of the United States, as well as the principles of democracy and social justice.
The JAAC RFP is funded through the California State University, Sacramento University Library’s Endowment for the Japanese American Archival Collection.
Learn About the Japanese American Archival Collection
- View Full Program Information (PDF)
- Download and complete the Application (PDF)
- E-mail the application, your Resume/CV, and research proposal in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to lib-JAACRFP@csus.edu with the subject line "JAAC RFP Application 23-24."
You must complete the application in its entirety, including uploading your resume/CV as a separate file.
Note: Please use the following naming convention for each of your attached files:
"Last Name - 23-24 - Document Name" (for example, Mastui - 23-24 - Application.pdf; Mastui - 23-24 - CV.pdf; etc.)
Applicants must submit a completed application packet that includes:
- Description of project objectives and methodology
- Impact and audience of the project
- Description of how the JAAC is integral to the project
- Collection materials to be used
- Any prior activities relating to the project
- A research activity timeline
- Estimated budget
- CV or resume
- One (1) letter of recommendation, preferably from a professor or professional in the field familiar with your work
Priority Review Begins: April 21, 2023
Program Dates: Starts July 1, 2023 or later and concludes by April 30, 2024