Open Educational Resources (OER) are free online teaching and learning materials. They include videos, textbooks, quizzes, learning modules and more. Contact Daina Dickman, Scholarly Communication Librarian or your subject librarian for information on OER materials for your classes and subject area.
CSU's Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) is a program that enables faculty to choose and provide more affordable, quality educational content for their students. By reducing CSU student course material expenses, more students acquire the educational resources they need to succeed at CSU. With AL$, faculty and students have greater access to quality free and lower cost learning materials through a variety of programs and partnerships.
- Course Books Available at the Sac State University Library
- Cool4Ed - Easy access to quality FREE and OPEN eTextbooks.
- Internet Archive: Open Educational Resources - Free courses, video lectures, and supplemental materials from universities in the United States and China.
- MERLOT - MERLOT's Open Textbook Initiative (CSU).
- OER by Subject: Humbolt State Research Guide - OER organized by department.
- OER Commons - A dynamic digital library of open education resources and a network of educators dedicated to curriculum improvement.
- Open Education Consortium - A global network of educational institutions, individuals and organizations that support OER.
- Openstax - A nonprofit organization committed to improving student access to quality learning materials.
OER and AL$ Grants for Faculty
- Allow faculty, staff and students easy access to find low-cost or free textbooks and course content.
- Recognize the efforts of faculty to reduce costs for students.
- Share and learn from other CSU faculty about OER and AL$ efforts.