Become a member. Be a volunteer. Enjoy seminars, events, and visiting with friends.
Who are the Friends?
Become a Member
- President Linda J. Goff
- Vice President Michaeline Veden
- Secretary Roz Van Auker
- Treasurer Sally Hitchcock
- Linda Goff
- Roz Van Auker
- Mary Andrews
- Andrea Fiske
- James Fox
- Shari Gonzales
- Terry Kastanis
- Erika Kobbe
- Jean Torcom
- Lisa Woodard-Mink
- ASI Representative: Shachee Baraiya
- Amy Kautzman, Dean and Director, University Library
Maria Ramirez, Event Coordinator and Communications Strategist, University Library
- Lora Hollingsworth, Sac State Planned Giving
Benefits of Membership
Donate to the Book Bin
Donations are accepted during regular Book Bin hours and by appointment on the last Friday of every month. Please call (916) 278-5954 to schedule an appointment.
- Hardcover and paperback books for children, teens and adults
- Contemporary and classic fiction
- Popular nonfiction such as cookbooks, biographies, history
- DVD movies
- Audio books on CD
- Music CDs
We Cannot Accept
- Books in poor condition (stained, yellowed, moldy, torn)
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Outdated reference books
- Books discarded by other libraries
- Abridged audio books
- Audio cassettes and VHS tapes
Donations can only be delivered during regular Book Bin hours or by appointment and may not be left outside the door or placed in our book drops. If you have more than two boxes of books, please call ahead to make sure we can accommodate the donation. Due to space constraints, we may need to decline donations.
Once accepted, donations are property of the Library and cannot be returned to the donor.