Administrator II - Head of Library Information Systems, University Library
Return to Job Listings
Job ID: 101554
Full/Part time: Full-time
Job Code: 3312 Administrator II
Salary and Hours
The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications.
This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an
attractive package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16
hours per month; 12 paid holidays; excellent chose of medical, dental and vision insurance,
long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Salary Range: $3,635.00 - $12,212.00 per month.
Recruitment Range: $3,635.00 - $8,000.00 per month.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with some nights and weekends.
The Head of Library Information Systems reports to the Dean of the University Library, and
serves to provide leadership and direction for innovative services and technologies. The
position will define and articulate the vision, strategic directions, and priorities for
information technology in a dynamic environment that values creativity, teamwork, and
innovation. The Head of Library Information Systems is responsible for the management of
the Library Information Systems Department, which includes planning, budgeting, and setting
policy for information resources in the University Library. The Head of Library Information
Systems directly supervises staff responsible for desktop support, application development,
the Library web sites, supporting digital services, infrastructure architecture and
administration and supports staff in the performance of their duties. The individual will
lead a service-oriented program that researches, develops, and supports advanced information
systems for the Library, and ensures excellent operational management of information systems
and support of end users. Head of Library Information Systems provides leadership in
coordinating and defining system requirements and tasks for library-wide projects and
initiatives. The Head of Library Information Systems will work closely with Library
Administration, University IT, and other stakeholders to take advantage of technological
developments that enhance teaching, learning, research and scholarship.
For more information on the University Library, please visit: http://library.csus.edu
This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State
University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from
the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the California
State University visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- 5 years of IT experience with a record of progressive experience in IT leadership.
- Successful human and financial resource management experience.
- Experience working with commercial vendors of library-centric hardware, software, and other related products and services (experience with Ex Libris systems preferred).
- Successful supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in library and educational technology in higher education.
- Proven expertise with current technologies, platforms, and products that support library information technology.
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to customer service.
- Project management, analytical and problem-solving skills Record of successful innovation in applications of information technology.
- Evidence of effective communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative work ethic and the ability to build effective partnerships, articulate goals, and negotiate priorities.
- Demonstrated history of and commitment to building and maintaining a diverse work environment.
- Experience with library systems and applications.
- Experience with creating documentation.
- Experience with interface design and usability testing.
- Experience with image and/or text based institutional repositories and best practices in digital projects.
Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned.
CSUS is not a sponsoring Agency For Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
Child Abuse and Neglect Report
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas.Κ We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/
Applications received by Monday, February 15, 2016 by 5:00pm will be considered in the first review process and will continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply
Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/.
External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
Click link for additional instructions on how to apply: http://www.csus.edu/it/acs/documents/internalAppProcedures.pdf
To ensure consideration, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
- Letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in
ΚΚΚ retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your cover
ΚΚΚ letter/letter of interest.
- Current curriculum vitae/resume
- Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications (include name, email address, and telephone number)
For questions regarding this search, contact: