Professionalism is the conduct of
qualified people who share responsibilities for rendering a service;
for engaging in continued study; and for maintaining high standards
of achievement and practice within the principles, structure and
content of a body of knowledge.
- To exercise a leadership role in the
educational and local communities.
- To practice effective interpersonal
relationships in the educational and local communities.
- To Advocate and support opportunities to
improve the profession.
- To engage in continuous study and
self-evaluation for professional growth.
- To encourage and practice a professional
media philosophy which supports the principles and practices of
- To provide and protect the right to access
for faculty and students.
Extracted from the section on
Professionalism from Robert N. Case and Anna Mary
Lowrey's Behavioral Requirements Analysis Checklist, A Compilation
of Competency Based Job Functions and Task Statements for School
Library Media Personnel. American Library