Faculty Study Rooms
Faculty Study Rooms are located on the second, third, and fourth floors of the Library. Following is the policy governing use of these rooms:
- Rooms are available to tenure track faculty, lecturers, and visiting scholars. Priority in assignment will be given to tenure-track faculty working on research toward tenure at Sac State
- Rooms are assigned for research-centered projects requiring use of substantial amounts of library material. You will be required to obtain a signature from your department chair verifying your research project.
- Rooms are not to be used for office hours or meetings and are not intended to replace permanent office space in your department.
- Assignments are made throughout the year and expire on May 31. If there are a reasonable number of vacancies, one renewal may be allowed. No room will be assigned to the same person for more than two years.
- After priority assignment to tenure-track faculty, assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis with a waiting list kept in chronological order.
- Library materials kept in Faculty Study Rooms must be checked out in accordance with library policy. Materials not checked out will be removed from study rooms and re-shelved. Library staff inspect rooms regularly. Failure to comply may result in forfeiture of the study room.
- The Library is not responsible for theft or damage of personal or library materials in the study rooms.
- Calendars, posters, and similar materials should not be affixed to walls or doors of the study rooms. It is a violation of safety regulations to cover the window to obstruct the view into the room.
- Keys are obtained at the Key Issue Office in Facilities Services. Loss of keys is subject to re-keying and replacement cost per campus policy.
To request a Faculty Study Room assignment, please download an Application for Faculty Study Room. Return completed applications to the Library Administration Office, located on the fifth floor. Questions? Contact: Nicole Lawson, Associate Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org.