OneSearch Enhancement Information
With the implementation of a new library management system that will upgrade and expand the capabilities of the Library’s OneSearch, a number of important changes will affect our end users. As of August 1, 2013 these changes include:
The Library’s OneSearch has been enhanced and expanded to encompass all library resources:
- OneSearch allows for personalization and faster access to the entire range of library resources, including print and electronic books, journals and journal articles, licensed databases, media, digital collections and more.
- Enhanced searching capabilities are available, including improved search facets and parameters.
- Course Reserves have been integrated into OneSearch.
- Interlibrary Loan requests can be initiated in OneSearch.
- Faculty may continue to send material to SacCT directly from OneSearch.
- SacCT links to OneSearch records that were added outside of an e-Shelf will no longer work. Faculty will need to update their OneSearch citations.
- The print and electronic Journal A-Z list is now included in OneSearch, and a new electronic only Journal A-Z list is available.
New checkout and circulation loan features are now available.
- Automatic Loan Renewals have been implemented for all borrowers. Regular circulating material is automatically renewed for as long as the borrower's account remains in good standing.
- New loan limits have been established. Graduate Student checkout maximum has been extended to 75 items for an entire semester.
- Community Borrower loans, fees and limits have changed. Please see the User Services website for more information.
- The Laptop Loan agreement policy for students checking out laptops has been simplified.
EUREKA online catalog is replaced with OneSearch. The services associated with EUREKA have been reconfigured, removed or replaced. These include:
- MY EUREKA is replaced with OneSearch My Account.
- Online fine payment is temporarily suspended. As the Library explores a replacement online payment system patrons must pay fines and fees in person at the Library User Services desk.
- All previously Saved Lists/Citations in EUREKA are unavailable.
- The New Title List is no longer available. The Library is exploring alternative methods to create a New Title List.
- Resources from EUREKA that were saved in EndNote no longer link back to the EUREKA records. A new connection file will be provided to search from within EndNote.
- SacCT links to EUREKA records no longer work. The Library is exploring ways to redirect links to the OneSearch homepage.
- Print Journal locations and holdings information for some of our print journals did not migrate to our new system. The Library is engaged in a project to add this information. We will keep you informed of our progress.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns. We will regularly be adding new functionality and enhancements. Your feedback is very important.