CARDS REQUIRED FOR LIBRARY USE
All borrowers must present a current OneCard or Library Card each time a book is checked out or renewed. Sac State Faculty, Staff, Students, and Auxillary Staff may purchase the OneCard ID at OneCard Services in the Lassen Hall, Room 1001 during the posted hours (916-278-7878, www.csus.edu/onecard) The OneCard is required for checkout at all departments.
Sac State students can check out materials at another CSU or UC Davis with a current OneCard, proof of enrollment, and a valid ID.
Alumni Association members from all CSU campuses may show proof of current membership and purchase a Library Card for $5.
Non-Sac State affiliated patrons may purchase a Community Borrower card.
Library cards for special programs (Friends of the Library, Renaissance Society, etc) are issued at the User Services Desk.
PLEASE BE AWARE that the User Services Desk CANNOT accept cach, check, or credit cards. All credit card payments must be made through the PAY ONLINE function of either MY EUREKA or through the My Sac State portal.
For more information about how to pay library fees and charges online, please see Pay Library Fees Online: http://library.csus.edu/fines
At this time the User Services Desk accepts OneCard and Courtesy OneCard for payment.
LIBRARY CARDS/FEES (list not all-inclusive and subject to change)
IF you do not qualify for a Sacramento State OneCard (for students, faculty, staff, & other auxillary programs) you may qualify for:
||C.S.U. Alumni Library Card
||Community Borrower Library Card
- ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP CARD from ANY C.S.U. Must be CURRENT.
- PHOTO ID with CURRENT address (CDL, CA ID, Military ID, Passport).
- SSN is required for patron record.
- 18 years of age & permanent resident of the local area.
- Age & address verified by VALID PHOTO ID…e.g. CDL, CA ID, MILITARY ID, PASSPORT.
- SSN is required for patron record.
|What To Do First
- Obtain a CSU ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP CARD at:
Obtain USER SERVICES HANDOUT & verify that all provisions are agreeable.
- CSUS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
STATE UNIVERSITY DRIVESOUTH
SACRAMENTO, CA 95819-6024
Phone: (916) 278-6295
(Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm)
- ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP CARD from HOME C.S.U. CAMPUS.
- Obtain USER SERVICES HANDOUT & verify that all provisions & various department
service hours are agreeable. CARDS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Be sure this is the card which best meets your needs. Other cards are available.
- If you are purchasing the card to check out specific items, verify that the items are
in the collection & available for checkout.
|How To Apply For Library Card
- Show current C.S.U. ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP CARD at the CSUS Library
Circulation Desk. NOTE: Desk hours vary from Library Hours.
- Select BOOK LIMIT (maximum number of books you may have checked out
at any given time) & pay appropriate fee:
- 5 items: $5
- 15 items: $30
- 30 items: $55
NOTE: This fee is paid each time your ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP CARD is renewed.
LIFETIME cards require a BOOK LIMIT fee every 2 years.
- Present all verification detailed above to the User Services Desk during
service hours. NOTE: Circulation Desk hours vary from Library hours. >Allow 5 to 10 minutes
for processing. To inquire regarding hours or policies CALL (916) 278-6708
- Select OPTION:
- 3 months, 5 items: $25
- 6 months, 5 items: $50
- 12 months, 5 items: $75
|What Your Library Card Entitles You To
|| CHECKOUT from the general collection for a 3 WEEK LOAN PERIOD. Online renewals. NOTE: Items from some departments may be restricted to use in the Library only. Check with department before purchasing card.
CHECKOUT of items from the general collection for a 3 WEEK LOAN PERIOD.
Online renewals. NOTE: Items from some departments may be restricted to use in the Library only. Check with department before purchasing card.
|What Your Library Card Does Not Entitle You To
||CARD DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO place HOLDS or INTERLIBRARY LOAN requests, or use COMPUTER LABS.
CARD DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO place HOLDS or INTERLIBRARY LOAN requests, or use COMPUTER LABS.